DTE Energy pledges to reach net-zero emissions of GHG by 2050
Category: #world  By Saipriya Iyer  Date: 2020-06-26
  • sharesocial_share_icon
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn

DTE Energy pledges to reach net-zero emissions of GHG by 2050

DTE Energy has reportedly pledged to reach the net-zero GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions by 2050. This can be ensured through various actions involving customers, suppliers, and its infrastructure, that align with the long-term goals for electric operations.

The recent pledge is an expansion of its 2018 pledge that was made to reduce the emissions of methane by 80% by 2040. The company plans to reach this target by requiring suppliers to operate at net zero by 2050. Its ongoing infrastructure modernization and renewal program can lead to reduced emissions at its own operations. It is also targeting to invest in the renewable natural gas & carbon offsets.

DTE will enable the customers to pay a monthly premium, voluntarily, for the renewable gas and offsets, for the time being. The residential customers can make a $16 payment per month to help reach their aim of reducing the carbon footprints by 100%.

As per the statement made by Jerry Norcia, DTE’s CEO & President, the company is showing a growing commitment towards clean energy to address the impacts of climate change. It is strategizing and planning to bring both customers and suppliers on board its journey of reaching the net-zero initiative.

DTE and Consumers Energy, a Jackson-based company, have committed to play a crucial role in catering to the climate change. However, lack of policy incentives and high costs have hindered the widespread deployment of RNG (renewable natural gas). RNG is sourced from landfills and other facilities that handle agricultural wastes.

In 2019, Consumers Energy also pledged to reach net-zero emissions of methane by 2030 from its natural gas delivery system. the company’s plan also includes an 80% methane leak reduction, while the remaining 20% has been planned to be offset by purchasing RNG.

DTE has a non-regulated subsidiary that specifically focuses on biogas. This utility had the only program to voluntarily enroll customers in RNG in the state, launched in 2015. In 2019, there were 2,200 customers that reportedly participated in the program.

Source credit:

https://mibiz.com/sections/energy/dte-natural-gas-company-pledges-net-zero-emissions-by-2050



About Author

Saipriya Iyer

Email: [email protected]   linkdin twitter

Saipriya Iyer

Saipriya Iyer develops content for Market Size Forecasters, Algosonline, and myriad other platforms. A computer engineer by profession, she ventured into the field of writing for the love of playing with words. Having had a previous experience of 3 years under her bel...

More News By Saipriya Iyer

 Tabletop Tape Dispensers  market valuation to surge at healthy CAGR through 2026

Tabletop Tape Dispensers market valuation to surge at healthy CAGR through 2026

By Saipriya Iyer

A comprehensive research study on Tabletop Tape Dispensers market added by Market Study Report provides insights into the market size and growth trends of this industry over the forecast timeline. The study evaluates key aspects of Tabletop Tape D...

APAC, Europe, America region to generate massive revenues for General Well-Being Dietary Supplements market by 2026

APAC, Europe, America region to generate massive revenues for General Well-Being Dietary Supplements market by 2026

By Saipriya Iyer

MarketStudyReport.com presents latest report on global General Well-Being Dietary Supplements Market, which evaluates the growth trends of the industry through historical study and estimates future prospects based on comprehensive research. The re...

Eugenia Jambolana Extract Market to Increase Exponentially During 2027

Eugenia Jambolana Extract Market to Increase Exponentially During 2027

By Saipriya Iyer

The report Eugenia Jambolana Extract market provides high-quality information regarding the major market trends, product types and their application scope, competitive landscape, and impact of COVID-19 outbreak.

.

Request a...